Now with 2017 UPdates
Frequently Asked Questions about our rally. . .
- Why do I have to be a member to come to the party? First of all, you don't need to be a member before you get there, but we will sell you a 1/2 price membership with your rally pass. We often network with other ABATE's across the country and those that are most successful are those with more members (even though the vast majority aren't actually active members). And those with the most members have events that sign up every guest as a member. We've been having this rally for over 20 years now and proven that it's a good time. We want to continue to have a good time, while also making our organization stronger and more effective. Technically, even if you aren't a CBA/ABATE member, this year's entry fee will be the same as last year's ($40).
- What other organization memberships are accepted besides CBA/ABATE of NC? Click here for a full list
- Where does the money raised go? Hot Springs Motorcycle Weekend is put on by the Buncombe Chapter of Concerned Bikers Association/ABATE. The CBA/ABATE of NC works to protect bikers' rights and fight unfair legislation and regulations. CBA also has a Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Program that goes into local high school drivers' ed classes to teach new drivers to watch for motorcyclists. For more info about the Buncombe Chapter of CBA, visit http://www.buncombecba.com To check out the state organization of CBA, visit http://www.cba-abatenc.org You can also come by our information booth at the rally and say Hi, or get a membership application.
- How much is camping for the rally? Tent camping for the weekend is included in your $40 rally pass. ($30 for members)
- Can I bring my RV? RV's are welcome and we have plenty of room, but you'll need to be self-contained. We have an open area for RV camping so that trees aren't damaged and you can run your generator all night if you wish without disturbing any tent campers. You can empty your wastewater tank before you leave, free of charge. Campers of any size are not permitted on deluxe tent sites, per the property management.
- What about the full hook-ups? Hot Springs Spa and Resort has a very limited number of RV sites that are booked in advance. The sites go to the same people each year, until they choose not to come, break the rules, or do not pay the fee by the deadline. When a site comes open, we take a name from the waiting list. People on the waiting list can expect to wait a few years for a site to open. To get on the waiting list, contact Crystal Buckner mailto:email@example.com
- What's up with the $20 support vehicle charge? This is a MOTORCYCLE rally. We work to maintain the old-school rally charm. We would prefer you bring your bike, your tent and have a good time! However, we do understand the need for a support vehicle for some folks. The $20 fee discourages every cage driver in the area from coming in and off-sets the costs so that we can keep the fee low for bikers. There is some $5 parking across the road if you want to park a car there and walk in. A support vehicle is anything you can drive without a helmet. If you have a truck and trailer, you will only be charged $20.
- Is there a one day pass? Yes. On Saturday the rates will be $20 Saturday only pass for ABATE members and $30 Saturday only pass for non-members (includes 1 year membership to CBA/ABATE of NC, on-site registration required)
- If my girlfriend, wife, daughter, son, best friend, etc. forgets their ID, I can vouch for them, right? NO. We are a 21 and up rally and we take this very seriously. We have the trust of the ALE that we are enforcing our rules and they do not need to be looking for underage drinking at our party. Anyone without a valid photo ID will not be permitted, no matter how far you've traveled, why you don't have it, or who you know.
- Can I put my armband on my vest, my bike or in my pocket? NO. If you have an arm, you'll wear the armband. No exceptions. If you lose your armband, you will be required to buy another or leave the rally.
- Why can't I bring my pet? The rally gets crowded, hot and loud. Some pet owners can become irresponsible while partying. By having no pets allowed we are avoiding scared pets running around, pet poop where people walk, dogs fighting or biting people, pet overheating, barking all night. If you are caught with a pet in the rally, you'll be asked to leave without a refund.
- Are there local hotels where I can stay instead of camping? Hot Springs is a tiny town, but does have some accomodations. There is a small motel, some rental cabins and several B & Bs. Check out http://www.madisoncounty-nc.com/info/hot_springs.html
- What about those cabins in the campground? Those are occupied by the rally workers. There are many more workers than cabin beds, however, and most of the folks working hard are sleeping on the ground, working for free and travel at their own expense because they believe in what the CBA stands for. So, when you see someone wearing a STAFF shirt, show them respect and maybe even say 'thank you'.
- Can I get a porta-john placed at my campsite? Yes. Able Rent-A-Johs delivers the rally johns and will bring you one if you like. This will be at your cost, but it's very reasonable. Contact them at 828-658-0982.
- Can I buy my food, beer, ice, liquor, etc when I get to Hot Springs? Everything but liquor is available. There is a campstore with ice, camping needs, beer, wine, a restaurant and some groceries. Also in town is a Dollar General, a gas station, a small grocery store, a laundromat and a couple of restaurants and bars. We have local fire depts and other non-profits vending delicious food in the rally for great prices.
- What else can we do in town? Ride! Hot Springs is surrounded by beautiful twisty roads. Many rally-goers cool off in the French Broad River. You can also relax in the mineral hot springs tubs or with a massage, both are located across the road from the campground and at an additional cost. For more info or to schedule an appointment go to http://www.nchotsprings.com/ or call 828-622-7676